The safe recruitment of staff is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children.
Highbridge Resourcing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This can only be achieved through correct procedures, ongoing training, reviewing and updating of systems and the recruitment and retention of competent employees who are suited to, and fulfilled in the roles they undertake. Highbridge Resourcing is committed to ensuring that the recruitment and selection of all candidates is conducted in a manner that is systematic, efficient, and effective and promotes equality of opportunity. We seek to achieve a diverse workforce which includes people from different backgrounds with different skills and abilities. We will uphold our obligations under law and national collective agreements to not discriminate against applicants for employment on the grounds of age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or creed.
All applicants are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all will be required to declare spent and unspent convictions, cautions and bind-over’s, and have an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure or a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Certificate.
We are committed to ensuring people who have been convicted are treated fairly and given every opportunity to establish their suitability for positions. Having a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. Our clients are fully informed before making any decision about a candidate.
We implement robust recruitment procedures and checks for appointing staff to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken not to appoint a person who is unsuitable to work with vulnerable adults and children, or who is disqualified from working with vulnerable adults and children or does not have the suitable skills and experience for the intended role.
The following original employment documents will be seen, and checks will be undertaken as part of a face-to-face interview.
· An up to date CV and application form. Candidates to account for any gaps or discrepancies in their employment history. Applicants are made aware that providing false information is an offence and could result in the application being rejected or summary dismissal if the applicant has been selected, and possible referral to the police and other professional regulatory bodies.
· At least two satisfactory references, one of which will be from the former or most recent employer. A minimum of 2 years employment will be covered, and all referees must have been the candidate’s senior or line manager and seen the candidate working with vulnerable adults or children. The relationship of the candidate to referee must be clearly stated.
· Verification of the candidate’s identity in line with the requirements of The Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
· Passport and visa status with dates and any official Home Office letter as required.
· 2 forms of both photo and address ID are required.
· A satisfactory current Enhanced DBS clearance through Highbridge Resourcing Ltd, or another source where a candidate has subscribed to the DBS Update Service, where an online check will be carried out to ensure the DBS certificate is current and up-to-date or a DBS through another source where the candidate has not subscribed to the update service subject only to the client’s discretion and upon viewing the original certificate.
· Overseas candidates or anyone who has worked overseas in the last 2 years must also provide an Overseas Police Check.
· Proof and verification of training and qualifications
· Verification of registration with any required professional bodies e.g. NMC and HCPC
· Candidate vetting is regularly up-dated and all information is scanned and kept on file.
· Candidates receive an induction which includes: Safer Recruitment, Equal Opportunities, Agency Workers Regulations, Payroll, timesheets and remuneration, Holiday Pay, Reporting of Sickness or Absence, Expected conduct on assignments, Termination by any party
· Vetting is completed by the recruitment consultants and admin team who take copies of all documents
· All files go through a second checking process before a candidate is cleared for work.